Being a mom myself, I am more than happy to put tours together which will be suitable for the whole family, I include a bit of something to keep every one happy!
Cape Splendour also offer you the option of allowing your children to be taken off your hands for a day or two so that you can catch up on some “together time” with the spouse.
The following are popular local tours with the Kids:
Children’s City Tour
- Table Mountain
- Two Oceans Aquarium
- The V&A Waterfront and various Activities like a Boat ride around the harbour
- Climb to the top of the Green Point light House
- A Stroll through the Company Gardens and feed the Squirrels
Children’s Peninsular Tour
- A boat ride to Duiker Island to see a Seal Colony Or
- Spend an hour at the World of Birds which has a large variety of birds and primates
- Camel Rides and a animal petting experience
- Climb up the highest Light house on the Coast –Slang Kop Light house
- Collect some Gems at the Scratch Patch and learn about semi precious stones.
Children’s Winelands Tour
- Butterfly World for some interaction with Marmoset Monkeys, Blue Duikers (tiny antelope), spiders and tropical birds and oh yes Butterflies!
- Touch a Cheetah!
- Ride a horse
- Visit a Crocodile Farm and hold a baby crocodile
Garden Route For Kids
There are a host of really fun ad educational things to do and se while doing the Garden Route. When designing a Garden Route for families with small children, we make sure that the drives between destinations are not too long and that, there is lots of fun stuff for the kids to do.
Some of these activities and destinations include:
- The Cango Caves in Oudtshoorn
- The Cango Animal Ranch
- An Ostrich farm
- Zip Gliding otherwise known as Canopy Gliding
- Boat rides up thee Keurbooms River or Knysna Lagoon
- Touching and Feeding Elephants
- Birds of Eden
- Monkey Land
- Boat Based Whale and Dolphin watching
Other fun activities which the children enjoy include:
- Ratanga Junction – The Wildest Ride in Africa (Amusement Park)
- Ice Skating
- Games Park
- Go Cart riding
- Wall Climbing
- The Beach
- An Ostrich Farm where you can sit on an Ostrich
- The South African museum, from Whales to Rock art and everything in between!
- The Planetarium
- Super Tube