Cape Town City Tour
This full day tour will give you an opportunity to orientate yourself in our beautiful mother city, Cape Town. What better way to do this then from the majestic Table Mountain. From this platform you will see the city of Cape Town stretching out below you, False Bay extending from Cape Point in the distance, to Cape Hang Klip and the majestic mountains of the Cape Winelands. On descending the mountain you will be driven through the streets of the thriving City of Cape Town, thronging with different cultures and traditions.
Visit The Castle of Good Hope which is the oldest building in the country and home to a few ghosts from the Castle’s very interesting past, as well as to the William Fehr Collection of historical paintings and period furniture. Take a stroll through the Company Gardens, originally the vegetable and fruit orchard which supplied the passing ships, and on to Greenmarket Square, a thriving flea market offering all sorts of arts, crafts, clothing and curios. You will be exposed to one of the sadder aspects of South African History, during the drive through District Six and some more fascinating cultural diversity when we meander through “Die Bo Kaap” previously known as the Cape Malay District. From there you have the following choices:
- Board a Ferry to Robben Island where you will be shown Nelson Mandela’s Cell and learn about the Island’s past.
- Visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens where there are more plant species than in the entire United Kingdom! A lovely way to spend an afternoon!
- A visit to Rhodes Memorial for some fascinating history and some splendid views of the City.
- Some wine tasting in the Constantia Wine growing valley, you are spoilt for choice!
- Groot Constantia is always a good way of soaking up some history, lovely views and some very good wine!
- On a Saturday morning we could spend time at the Biscuit Mill, where you can taste all sorts of local food and wine and mix with the locals!
- Enjoy a Township Tour
The City Tour and children We can adapt the Mother City tour for the children by adding a few of the following:
- Replacing Robben Island with a boat ride around the Harbour
- The Two Oceans Aquarium
- A walk up the Green Point Light House (a bit scary, but you will love it!)
The City tour for the adventurous, we can enjoy half a day of culture and history and spend the rest of the day doing a few of the following activities:
- Abseil down Table Mountain
- Paragliding off Lions Head
- Skimming across the waves in a 12 seater, high speed inflatable boat
- Enjoy a Spectacular Helicopter – flip over the Peninsula
- Savour a sundowner aboard a yacht on a cruise along the coast!
The possibilities are endless!